Sunday, May 21, 2006

Charm-a-licious...

Overheard while waiting for my "Chunky Monkey" (Vanilla Ice Cream swirled with Heath Bar Crunch,Walnuts and Banana).

My mom and Lil and I were waiting in the truck for Kruze and Em and Sar to bring us our Ice Cream (I love delivery). Lil was waiting extra-patiently for her vanilla puppy cone and watching the little boy in the yard across from the ice cream stand...he had almost all of her attention, except during the several times she scanned the sidewalk to see if her puppy cone was finally walking toward her. I opened the window so she could get a better view of the running toddler...he had no idea that he was under surveilance,he just kept running up and down his short concrete driveway chatting away to absolutely no one. Lil was mesmerized...she may even have forgotten (briefly)that her cone was on its way. Finally she leaned out of the window trying to get a closer look and he spotted her, he stopped running, and stood there wide-eyed and stone still staring at her, then he ran over to his little red bike with training wheels hopped on it and charged toward us with fearless speed, he stomped on his brakes and screeched to a halt a few yards from us and yelled " Hey Doggy How You Wika Me Bike?!! And then he sat there on his bike, waiting for her answer.
Toddler in his blue Spiderman Pj's and Lilli in her big black truck...
Completely Charm-a-licious....

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Now I'm jealous, as ice cream is rationed to me by my wife...as, at my age, I would think similarly of years and that the two are connected.

File away these anecdotes...over the years, notes turn to stories, to novels.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

How cute, I bet it was just the sweetest thing. And I could just see Lil waitin for her cone wishin she could go play with the little boy. I can just bet you have been to our favorite ice cream shop several times this year already, send some of those treats our way, all we have is a DQ and the hub never wants to go cause they skimp on the extras.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Blondie said...

SO CUTE! Dogs and children, two of the Lord's greatest blessings! They seem to relate so well with eachother. I love the story.
Blondie

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home