Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Nail Biter....

Em had a Basketball Game tonight in a neighboring town...all the kids had to ride the bus right after school to the apposing team's school. Kruze and Sar and I drove. We got there a little early so we watched the boys team play first...very interesting especially since our boys team is composed of mostly fourth graders...most of which are incredibly height challenged. The other team were 5th and 6th graders and amazons!! Our boys put up a big monstrous fight but it was really all over but the cryin' from the first quarter to the last...so so so sorry guys but its hard to make a shot when there is a Redwood tree standin' in your path!
The girls suited up and threw a few practice shots after the other team wiped the floor with our boys. Soon after the girls game started it was clear that the game was going to be close. I was biting my nails after the second half of the first quarter. It was back and forth their point our point and so on. Very stressful and very exciting especially since their last game was a bust...54 to 8 not our night. Em had a few near misses tonight...the kind where the ball floats and bobs around the net and then just jumps right out just before you start to scream and celebrate... so so so close Em you were sooo robbed!! Courtney made an awesome shot and the fans were screamin'! Its soo funny when Em and Court make a shot they always look soo completely astonished that it happened which makes our fans love to see it happen all the more !! We had a great time and were soo proud of the girls and their win!! 21 to 20 it was awesome! There was a small incident that happened to Sarah and I just before Em and Courts game started...Sar had to do the potty dance and so we went off in search of the nearest bathroom...kind of a maze in that school...we found it down a long hall thru a heavy metal door...of course when we tried to get back thru that nice big heavy door it was locked!! We spent the next 15 minutes walking down hallways and up stairs and around corners and thru more doors and past a deaf blind and mute janitor(honestly he would not see or hear or speak to us) FREAKY...finally we did find a women with all 6 of her senses that agreed to help us find the gymnasium. I think Kruze and Em's Coach thought Sarah and I skipped the country we were gone so long...nope just locked out...story of my life and once again the laughter of men radiates thru the air....its a curse! But my baby WON !!!! WAY TO GO BABY SHAQ!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Em!!!!!! And Lucy...I think Kruze would have come looking for you and Sar if you weren't back by half-time!! You certainly have a knack don't you?!?! :o)

8:06 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

LUCY,
WAY TO GO EM!!!!! I have had a few of those nail-biters watching the kids play sports. WHo would think that your kids basketball game would bring out emotions in you that you never knew you posessed. As for getting lost, I did almost the same thing once at the Colfax school of all places. I was watching Dee play Volleyball and I went to the bathroom and got lost finding my way back to the gym. Luckily, there was a teacher there working the weekend and she showed me how to get back. WHEW! I missed about 1/2 of the first quarter. I can definitely sympathize with you. At least you made it back to see her play. Blondie

8:17 PM  
Blogger Lucy Kruze said...

I think from now on Sar and I will just have to keep our legs crossed if we have to use the bathroom...those schools are all so huge!! Especially since they are all parocial...church and school in one makes for a monsterously big maze...it was an experience. Em had a home game last night...not such good luck though..they lost but they did put up a good fight and they had fun thats all that matters...

8:49 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Way to go Em, let Auntie know your schedule so we can get to one of your games okay. Luc I know what you mean about nailbiter games some of T.J. and Jacobs games have been quite the nailbitters, we have even had one of the fathers thrown out for harrassing the refs. As for you and Sar's experience I can't say that I am surprised, after all you are my sister and Sar's my neice, the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree, and birds of a feather flock to gether. You know the sayings. I blame you mostly, since you came first I figure you rubbed off on me...

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home