Thursday, December 08, 2005

My Cup Runneth Over....

There honestly are no words to describe how I feel..Yesterday I had my surgery...I was nervous about going in under the knife and what the results would be..but mostly I was sooo scared that I wouldn't wake up after it was all over. Virgin to the "General"...both of my c-sections were "Locals" so I had never had a general and wasn't sure I liked the idea of having one. (understatement of the century)I think I scared my poor sister half to death when I told her "if I don't wake up...don't let anyone pull the plug...I will still be swimming so don't give up on me..." She started to cry and told me if I didn't stop talking like that she was going to "kick my ass" YEP thats our family ..we tend to resort to violence to show how very much we care!! God I love her!! (Love ya like crazy cakes sis!!)
The surgery was quick and painless (1 hour in surgery 1 hour in post op recovery and 30 minutes in general recovery) I don't remember a thing except..."I am giving you a little shot to calm your nerves and take the edge off..." and then "wake up ...wake up ...wake up..its all over and everything went great..." Me: "you already started?" "Started and finished now close your eyes and rest"
Waiting on the Biopsy is a bit scary but the doctor said he is 99% sure that it will be Benign...I am shootin' for a 100% and praying like a Monk that it will be.But all of this is not so moving...the best part of everything is that yesterday I was showered with emotions and I felt like I could turn into a leaky faucet at any second...I love my family and friends...the last three days have shown me (again and always) how very special and amazing they all are.I have never felt so warm and safe in all my life.Kruze and my Mom and Scott and my Sister just swept in and took care of everything.My babies made me great big posters telling me how much they love me and to get better soon,my nephews gave me great big wonderful hugs (Auntie loves you both so much!!) and my friends and my Grandma called one after another all during the day to see how I was and if everything was ok. Such an awesome bunch of people. I could just burst!! I love you all! You are my heart....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm shooting for the 100% right along with you sis, many thanks went out to God last night that the surgery went well. Tugged at the heart to see you so fragile and pale though. Hope you rest and take it easy, wish I could be there to help more. Love you so much.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you HAD to get thru this... I need my personal interior decorator to help with my house!! LOL

So glad it went well my friend, I was nervous, even though I been there and back a few times now... I know the fear!

Praying right along with you for the results....

Stay strong, let those girls of yours pamper you, and let your family do all the work! You deserve it!

Love you Luc, bunches!

5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you came thru the surgery without any problems. You not only scared your sister to death with the "don't let them pull the plug" speech...you scared me as well. You say your "Cup Runneth Over" because of all your family and friends, but so does ours just having you in our lives!! Sending up lots and lots of prayers that all will be fine with the biopsy. I'm with you and Anna and shooting for the 100%!! Can't wait to get together for a nice long visit.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

LUC,
I am praying right along with you for the 100%. I am positive everything will be okay. Take care of yourself and rest. Its important for your recovery. Take it from a nurse. HEE-HEE. You are a great person and there is no luck involved that you have all these wonderful people pulling for you. You've touched many people in your short life in positive ways and you deserve to be cared for.
Take care-Blondie

8:51 PM  
Blogger Lucy Kruze said...

Thank you Girls!! I love you all SOOOOO much!!

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home