Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Great Stocking Stuffers...

Here's a list of Books that I have read recently that would be perfect stocking stuffers for sisters, mothers,friends, daughters or even for a great gift for yourself...Books only stay in my book case if they qualify for a second read...Strange but true...this list is a few of my favorites worth reading again and again. Most of these books are feel good books, not nessesarily love stories or romance, just comfy reads. I for one am not a fan of Romance novels...unless the Author is Nicholas Sparks...there is just something about a man writing about love that sucks you right in and holds you tight.

Here's my "Worth Reading Twice" List :
************************************
*Wish You Well ~ David Baldacci

*Shoot the Moon~ Billie Letts

*Big Stone Gap~Adrianna Trigiani
*Big Cherry Holler~Adrianna Trigiani
*Milk Glass Moon~Adrianna Trigiani

*Where or When~Anita Shreve
*Sea Glass~Anita Shreve

*Was it Beautiful~Allison McGee

*The Last Promise~Richard Paul Evans

*The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing~Melissa Bank

*The Secret Life of Bees~Sue Monk Kidd

*These Things I Wish for You~Christopher Kimball

*The Time Travelers Wife~Audrey Niffenegger

*The Year of Pleasures~Elizabeth Berg

Just a few favorites of mine...if you decide to try them I hope you like them as much as I do...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's that book list I've been waiting for. Will have to point the hubby to the site and tell him to look for them all. Need a good pile of books to read...maybe I'll even get to a couple this winter! Still trying to get the two Nicholas Sparks' books read...can't keep my eyes open through one paragraph. Not good.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Lucy Kruze said...

Hey Reish
It took me a bit to get interested in his latest two books too...he's lucky he has written those two really really good books in the past or I would have given up in the first few chapters of the last couple that he as written..I just keep reading hoping that the good stuff will begin...in "The Wedding" I had such a hard time getting thru it..in the end it turned out alright but GEEZ..the whole read should be captivating...in my opinion..keep reading "True Believer" it does get better as it goes.Did you notice how I didn't include any of his books in my "worth reading twice list" not by accident...I don't know if I could read any of them again except for "The Notebook" still lovin' that one.

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I love all his books too, but like you said the only one that I would read again is "The Notebook." It's the one that hooked me. I haven't given up on "True Believer"...think I need to find a different time and place to read...right before bed isn't working for me right now!!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Luc I have read several of your great reads and I do have to say they were the books you couldn't put down. So I would definnately read any of the books you have suggested. You have such a knack girl, you should realy have taken over for Martha. Tips and Tidbits from Lucy Kruze!!!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Lucy Kruze said...

You are such a nut Anna...still tryin' to put me in Martha's job...I have no intentions of trying to replace an excon in her fortune making business...it could get...ugly...hehehe

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home