Monday, July 10, 2006

Simple Distractions...

Lil's class tonight went surprizingly well...I was astonished by her level of concentration. She barely noticed the other dogs...aside from an occasional "baring of her teeth" she simply ignored all of the other dogs and kept her attention directly on me. My first thought was...is she sick? I felt her nose...cold and wet. Did I somehow attach the leash to the collar of the wrong dog? Nope...after careful inspection I determined that it was in fact my Lil. She was amazing, she listened , she sat when told to, she wagged her tail happily at the two dogs on either side of us, I was even able to carry on an entire conversation with the instructor while Lil stared on quietly and obediently...I'm starting to think that enrolling Lilli in puppy class wasn't crazy thinking after all...Maybe she just needed to adjust to a new way of thinking...the way of thinking that requires her to realize that the world really can have more then one little dog inhabiting it. Then again maybe it was because of the Summer sausage I had jammed in my pocket for her treat....

12 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

So glad Lil is doing good, keeping her hungry must have been just the thing she needed to get her attention. I bet she'll Ace the class now...

12:49 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

Yay! I bet you are relieved she is doing better now. You can take all the credit when she finishes at the top of her class now...

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea Lily!! And Lucy!! That's the way to put those instructors on their toes. Now they aren't going to know what to expect next week...will Lil show her new found knowledge or will she show her Alpha attitude?!?! I'm going to remember the summer sausage idea for the next time we tackle a puppy. Bet that would have had Zephyr running right to me and not a stranger during her obedience class!!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Leann said...

love that summer sausage.id do my best to for that.glad lil is doing better.i thought i put this comment in this dumb thing the other day.but when i checked it was nowhere to be seen.the blog monster must have eat the dang thing.so i will try again.

6:49 AM  
Blogger KG Finfrock said...

I told you excellent treats get the job done. I'm currently taking our older cocker spaniel to class. I've had her for three years and she's never done a down for me. Grilled chicken is what worked for her.
At my class last week, I was the focus for the other dogs. I'm sure it had to do with the cheese and bacon I had. The dog sitting next to me kept hitting me hoping I would share more. (lol)
Next week, grilled hot dogs. Yumm.

8:27 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

... Lucy thought that Lil had made some real progress, until suddenly, when Lucy least expected it, Lil lept at her right pocket, devouring the sausage AND her Alpha trainer in one sudden, fatal lapse of obedience.
AAhhh Lucy.. you have been missed in blogland. My condolences.

6:33 AM  
Blogger KG Finfrock said...

How am I suppose to live my life in the mid-west through your webpage when you have stopped blogging? I realize you have a life, but come one, where is my pick me up escape?

Hope all is well. Being the mom type, I tend to worry when you haven't called (or in this case, blogged). :-)

1:27 PM  
Blogger Lucy Kruze said...

Joyce that s hysterical!! And the sad thing is I can actually see her doing that!! Have missed you tons hope all is well. Luc

4:19 PM  
Blogger Lucy Kruze said...

I miss you too Kath..Sorry its been so long since my last post...I'll write soon. Take Care Girl..Luc

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site!
Dvd free philips player region donate furniture fairfax county http://vitamin-cottage.iwarp.com/Latviavitamins.html Pc fax software to handle 1500 numbers Symbol cobra ls1900 barcode scanner ls1902 rosacea bmw 525 As400 barcode scanner http://oui31dgd.blogspot.com/

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home