Thursday, June 22, 2006

Mixed Emotions: Removing the Past...

Yesterday Kruze and I spent the day removing an old shed (water pump house). It was falling apart and one whole wall was being held up by a tree that completely surrounded the entire shed. The only thing keeping the structure from looking like a huge pile of rubble was the tree. There is an open well beneath the shed and we needed to access the well so that we can use the water to irrigate the garden. Kruze had knocked the shed over with a massive sledge hammer last week so I do not have any recent pictures of it still standing...though I did post a few of it last year. It took us most of the day to remove all of the junk that was left after Kruze knocked it down. We did find some interesting things in the mess though...a bunch of big old horse shoes...some antique tools...some old metal oil cans with very interesting color and shape...nothing worth any money but very interesting to see bits of the past...Here are some pics of the disposal...try to picture the end result with lots and lots of flowers planted around it and a fieldstone path leading to the cement foundation...it has potential to be something very beautiful you just need to imagine it...




5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Way too much work from my perspective, but the outcome looks just lovely. And, no, I've no desire to be any younger than I am. You folks truly have a lovely life, again, from my perspective.

8:07 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

I think that it looks very pretty, right now!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Blondie said...

LOVE IT NOW! plz come over and decorate my front porch for me. You two are such busy people with your house and land, you make my head spin. Good thing you both have lots of energy.
Blondie

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can imagine it!! With your green thumb and amazing eye it will be wonderful. Can't wait for the chance to sit there, chat and drink a glass of ice cold lemonade. Hope all is going well on your end. I'm hanging in here, but ready for a vacation from my vacation! Ha Looking forward to our day out...think I need to remind the hubby that I'm leaving him with the kids. Better do that tomorrow when we talk again...don't want this day messed up. I NEED THAT DAY OUT!! Miss you tons.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I'm with Reish on the lemonaide and sitting there chatting, looks great and I can emagine it with a stone walk and flowers, sad that the building couldn't be saved though.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home