Wednesday, March 08, 2006

More Random Shots of Warmer Weather...





I am so done with winter. I have seen enough snow and ice and leafless trees to last me. I can not wait to be knee deep in mud in my garden . I can not wait to see the tiny heads of my dafodils poking thru the ground. I can not wait for our apple trees to sprout buds and the grass to turn green again. I am having some serious bouts of cabin fever. If only the sun would shine for more then 2 minutes out of the day.

No winter lasts forver;
no spring skips its turn.
~Hal Borland~

3 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

I am so with you on being done with winter, even though it was a fairly mild winter...can't wait to take a walk down your garden path with you to get some fresh picked flowers for your vases and get some veggies for dinner, or just spend time weeding together with the little "hummers" flying around us. Or walking to the woods to find those perfect rocks from the rock pile, or just the four of us girls running through the back field to get the perfect shot of the night sky.....I miss you all so much...

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep...it is truly time for Spring!! I am in need of playing in some dirt, color to return, the smell of lilacs, bees buzzing, birds chirping...yep, it is time. I to have some serious cabin fever!! Friday looks like our best chance for some serious sunshine and temps into the upper 40's...bring it on!!!!!!!!!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Blondie said...

Luc,
I hear ya loud and clear! We have had a mild winter here, though. I am sure going to be glad for warmer days and am looking forward to planting some flowers myself this spring.
Keep the gorgeous pics of your yard coming! You have such a green thumb and your path and gate look great!
Love and miss ya,
Blondie

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home