Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Thank Heaven for Teenage Boys and 4- Wheel Drive...

All I can say is....I was drivin' down the highway...I put my blinker on WAY before my turn because there were 2 Semi's and a Mini Van directly behind me...the mini van was ridin' my behind like she was tryin to hitch a ride...so I figured I should pump my brake several times to give her another opportunity to SEE that I was turning...still she creeps up my backside...so I stomp on the brake...WAKE UP I AM TURNING!! Still vacant of a brain she continues to drive in MY personal space...I pump the brake several more times PUMP PUMP PUMP still she was oblivious to the world beyond her windshield and there is no turn lane and it is a NO passing zone...and traffic was coming. Needless to say...1 mini van 2 semi's and oncoming traffic forced me to take my turn WAY too fast THANK-YOU-SOOOO-MUCH-Mini-Van-Bitch!! I took the turn and the truck whipped to one side then whipped to the other...I over corrected we spun in a complete circle whipped around again and slide backward into the ditch Tthank God there was no traffic coming down the road or I guarantee the whole thing would have turned out differently. Em,Sar and I all looked at each other when the truck finally stopped...everyone was A-ok so I got out to see the damage..yep pretty S-O-L and stuck tight. I thru the truck into 4 wheel drive and tried to drive out forward then backward...no luck...then a blue car comes out of no where and two teenage boys get out..all wide eyed and ask if we are all right...Yep I said but I can't get out of this ditch...so they pushed and I kicked it down and out it came THANK YOU THANK YOU for teenage boys!! I could have just hugged them forever...but they may have freaked so instead I gave them each a $10(all the cash I had on me or I would have given them WAY more) and told them how awesome they were...they didn't want to take the money so I threw it in their window and ran back to my truck...

And just as an off-hand comment..if I ever see that Mini Van behind me again there will be some SERIOUS PAYBACK!!! And yes I am Boiling with BIG TIME Road Rage!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think that was the scariest moment of my life. i thought we were never going 2 get out of the ditch. but thats ok it wasnt your fault.
luv ya,
luv M

5:38 PM  
Blogger Lucy Kruze said...

Em you little love bug!! It was very scary and I was so mad at that women for putting my children in danger she is lucky I don't know who she is or she would be pickin' her teeth up off the ground! I love you baby and I am so glad that you and Sar did not get hurt!! Love Momma

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucy...I am so glad that you and the girls are okay. I don't know what it is with drivers lately, but they are horrible. Guess that lady didn't learn the rule about one car length distance (or more) between vehicles!! Just reading your post scared me to death. I'd say that God was watching over all of you and I'm going to send up a big thank-you tonight!!

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

luc,
I am so glad you are all okay. I think the good Lord was sitting right there in the truck with you all. THANK-YOU GOD. Around here in Virginia, I think most of the drivers that take 29 could be on America's worst drivers. I think that the older I get, the more it bugs me when people drive like that. Anyway,have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.-Blondie

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys are all OK. I bet that was scary too. Was the woman color blind or something?!?! I hate the way people drive now. They usually are in a hurry to go nowhere. Maybe that lady will get coal in her stocking this year! Love you guys and have a Merry Christmas.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Luc so glad you guys are ok. What is it with drivers in the winter, get a clue people. I bet all three of ya where just shaking when you got home. And what sweet boys, to get you out. Glad to see peolpe are still helpful.
What a year this has been for you, I promise things can only get better. Can't wait to see you in a few days!Love ya

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »

2:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home