Monday, January 02, 2006

Living on Stress and Rolaids...

When I started this Blog months and months ago I honestly did not intend for it to be a place for me to relieve stress..actually I was trying to find a place where stress was checked at the door...well as you can plainly see after reading the past few months of my blog... that stress and constant worrying have just followed me around and attached themselves to my big buns. It just has been one thing right after another. This week we are very worried about my grandma, 4 days ago she suffered a very mild heart attack and was diagnosed with a serious infection and was admitted to the intensive care unit, the doctors mostly focusing on the fact that her breathing seems to be unusually shallow and also concerned with the infection which would be devastating to her health if it should spread (she is diabetic). Today while we were all visiting her in the ICU she seemed to be confused and out of it. She kept repeating the same thing over and over. And it was plain to see that even she was getting confused by the words that were coming out of her mouth. I hate to think of her in that hospital all by her self especially knowing that the nurses and doctors aren't exactly sure what is normal behavior for her and what is odd. They see so many patients in a day that it would be so easy for them to over look an odd statement or a slight change in her behavior that could be due to low or high blood sugar. Today it was obvious to us that she was not herself but the nurses had know way of knowing what is normal and what is not.
Once again asking for prayers... this time for a sweet short little granny with a great sense of humor and a great big heart of gold...

8 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Luc, its hard but I'm trying to keep a positive attitude for grandma, its hard to see her that way. I just wish she would get back her stubborness and that spark to get better. All we can do is be there for her and pray for her. I feel so helpless, but like she said herself don't worry about me God is watching out for me. And we have seen her come back from worse. So I'm beleiving for grandma to get better. I'm glad we were able to spend the last few days together, I wish it was under better circumstances though...I miss you guys already.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you, your grandma and your family. She has amazed you before and God willing she will again. Keep us posted.

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luc,
I am praying for you and your family everyday. It is important that you tell the nurses when you are there what her baseline was or what she was like prior to the infection/heart attack. Although I don't need to tell you that because I am sure that you already have told them. Also, they have excellent ICU nurses who usually have at least 2 years of med-surg experience and she is in good hands. I am sorry that you have had such a rough time of it lately and if there is ever anything I can do, Please let me know! Anna knows my number and I think you have my email address? Blondie

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with as well. I know from past experiences with my grandparents it is very hard to watch. She is in very good hands and all you can do is pray for the best. Take care and my prayers are with you and your family.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Lucy Kruze said...

Thanx girls your all earth angels...love ya like crazy cakes!!

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » »

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Software patents http www.bitlaw.com software patent round area rugs home+depot+bath+tubs 2001 bmw 740i + wilkes barre compaq printer download

1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home