Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Guilty Pleasures...


Lifetime for Women is not my favorite channel and watching TV during the day is something I rarely do, I am just too fidgety to sit still for long periods of time. Despite this trait there is one thing that can make me sit still willingly and happily...Melissa Gilbert movies! Yes I said it and I have long suffered the humility of this guilty pleasure...Kruze just can not wrap his head around this fascination of mine, to him this is a huge character flaw that is too gigantic to overlook. So I watch in secrecy...I love her!! I loved her as Half-Pint on "Little House on the Praire" and I've loved her in every "Made for TV Lifetime Movie" since Little House. I love the fact that her teeth finally fit her face...I love how she cocks her eyebrow just the slightest bit and she can convey surprize, awe, horror,
or disgust each gesture as convincing as the last, I love the fact that she looks ordinary and beautiful at the same time and she could easily be your best friend or your next door nieghbor. I love that she can become a Rancher, a Lawyer, a Doctor or a Housewife and it is just as easy to believe that she could "love" a Rancher, a Doctor, a Lawyer and my personal favorite a Dead guy. Is she the best actress? Would she measure up to Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman or Sandra Bullock? Doubtfully. But she has the ability to make you believe that if "Half-Pint" can do it and do it well then maybe, just maybe, you can accomplish amazing things too...

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

I too have to admit Mellisa Gilbert movies are a weakness for me too! I love her as an actress.
Luc sorry I haven't called, been so much going on the last few days. I told mom to fill you in, so you would know whats going on. Miss you so much!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Lucy Kruze said...

Miss you too Anna Banana call when you can,Love ya sis!!

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home