Thursday, November 03, 2005

Shoulda' had a Trailer and a Ball Hitch....

Surprizingly this post is not in reference to all of the wood that Kruze has been cuttin' and haulin' lately...
Today Sarah's class had a play at school, Kruze had the day off so we went together to watch our mini Julia Roberts "become" a baker. She was stunning, she was radiant and she "was" the baker and in my opinion deserving of an Oscar!! Ok ..I know I'm a bit Bias...but really she ROCKED!! Anyway after the standing Ovation...we had an hour to kill before we had to pick the girls up from school so we ran to the grocery store, they were having a major huge "Buy One Get One Free" sale, and our cupboards are literally bare board empty so we loaded and we loaded and we over loaded the cart, we were jamming everything X 2 in that cart and by the time we managed to wrestle the cart to the check-out we were way strugglin' I think our cart may have had a flat tire. The teenage boy that was checking out our U-Haul load of groceries kept snickering and looking at Kruze and I like we were completely out of our minds and the three(literally) girls bagging our groceries kept insisting that we needed parcel pick-up. "No" I said, "We got it", blank stare from all three.."Are you sure?" "Do you need a second cart?" "How did you fit all of this food in one cart?" GEEZ you would think these kids had never seen two people do an entire years worth of grocery shopping in one trip!! Now that my cupboards are once again stocked I feel like at least in the task of feeding hungry children I am some what prepared..as for the rest of their needs...well...there just isn't a shopping cart big enough to help me feel prepared to deal....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahahhaha, remember the first time going to a Sams Club? I wont go in again till I have a remodeled kitchen with a WALK IN PANTRY!

How ya doing friend? Other than trying to put all the groceries away!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Lucy Kruze said...

I am doing great Con..Though I do miss you like crazy...is that "friend-just a friend" keepin' you busy?hehe Spill the dish girl!! Love ya lots

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kind of grocery shopping Lucy!! Of course we are in need of a trip like that, but oh how I hate to go alone. Not saying Mason isn't great company, but piling in the groceries and keeping his hands away from the groceries is a two person job!! I prefer the bread non-squished!! :o)

7:46 AM  
Blogger Lucy Kruze said...

Yes Reish I remember those days of tiny fingers jamming them selves into the bread and the raw meats and squishing the grapes and throwing the apples all over the grocery store...

12:13 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Luc your shopping like mom again! We've talked about this... Just kiddin arn't those 2fur sales great, gotta love anything you get for free. Hope the kruze helped put things away. My guys always seem to have something important to do when theres groceries to put away.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home