Thursday, October 20, 2005

Eight Days and Counting...

Just eight days until round two of Testing. Surprizingly I have thought about these tests very little this month. I have been way too occupied by other more interesting things...the trees, the garden, the new woodstove, the awesome book I just finished (Was it Beautiful by Alison McGhee),Em and Sar's sleepovers, get togethers with my friends,house guests, baking,canning, making concord grape jam with my nieghbor. My days have been thankfully full of activity. Though now that it's getting closer to Oct 28, I'm starting to get a little more anxious. My headaches are back again (which leads me to believe that the headaches were stress related and there for I canceled my appt. with the Neurologist, no sense giving him a chunk of money, just to have him say "its all in your head...ya freakin' Lunatic".) There's a humongous bill that Kruze will be happy not to see! I do still feel removed from the whole thing, like I'm watching this little part of my life on TV, and if I really wanted to I could just shut it off and never know the way it turns out, a small part of me thinks that "not" knowing one way or the other would be better then finding out it is serious and then having to deal with it. If I hadn't gone thru all of these very same tests 9 years ago with my mother, and I hadn't watched how easily it is for the doctor to walk thru the door and sit on a metal twisty chair just inches from you all the while looking at you in a way that makes every inch of your being know that when he starts to speak the words are going to change your life forever and nothing will ever be the same. Then maybe, just maybe, this week wouldn't feel quite so surreal.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Kruze said...

Strange and ironic second comment...I'll be takin' it as a simple coincidence thank you very much...hehehe

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luc I'm praying all this will come back good for you cause there is no way you are going to go through what mom went through. There will be some major bargins made with God in your behalf. I don't ever want to see you in pain, your my best friend and God knows every life that you have touched would be completely turned upside down if anything happened to you. So I believe in my heart everything will be ok it has to! I'm so glad I will be there on Friday night to spend some time with you this weekend, I miss you so much, can't wait to see you!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Lucy Kruze said...

Thanx Anna Banana the prayers are going out on this end too although I do have to say ..I'm not really getting too freaked out just a "little" nervous, and I know that what ever comes I can handle it either way. Can't wait to see you!! We can sip cocoa and watch some really sappy love story...I'm sooo stocked on the kleenex!! Love ya sis thanx for the prayers!!

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luc I am praying for you! You are my best friend and I don't want to see anything ever happen to you. I'd die! We may not talk much but when we do it's like I just saw you yesterday. We have a special bond and when you hurt I hurt. I wish I could come visit you!! Maybe sometime soon if you'll have me. I feel like I've been a crappy friend. Still luv me?

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lucy, I'm with Anna in that major bargins will be made with God. You are a great friend and you have touched so many lives!! I won't say to much here...I don't want you blubbering into your coffee!! Just know that as I have always said...there was a reason we ended up on the same street together. God made sure we found each other when the time was right and there is still so much more for us to do together. You know where I am if you ever need to talk or visit.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Lucy Kruze said...

Janesy Of course I still love ya you silly silly girl!! You are and always have been a major huge chunk of my heart!! We have shared way way too many special memories!! Your in my heart to stay so no worries and I know we both have busy lives we'll just make it a priority to get together more often in the future. And by the way I would LOVE to have you come and stay!!You tell me when is a good time for you and we'll make plans! Miss you much!!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Lucy Kruze said...

Hey Anonymous(Reish)...hehehe are ya tryin' to be all mysterious now? ;0) Just kiddin' I'll call ya later and if your not there when I leave my message I "might" tell you who I am hehehehe Just kiddin' Love ya lots

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home