Friday, June 24, 2005


Last year we put up a fence and an Arbor with a gate and planted our first "real" garden, I planted carrots and radishes and onions and green peppers and jalopeno's and beans and tomatos, cucumbers, corn and squash and I even planted sunflowers last but not least I planted PUMPKINS Lots and Lots of PUMPKINS....I didn't realize that this particular plant is HELL-BENT on" World Domination" so I planted them innocently in the garden the rest of my more "friendly and unobtrusive " garden variety plants....BIG FAT FIRST TIME GARDENER MISTAKE. First I had these lovely sweet little baby sprouts, then I had these precious little sturdy leafy greens and then within a matter of "seconds" I SWEAR TO GOD I had huge knee high green MONSTERS of DEATH wrapping their curly Qs around the necks of my more gentle docile plants and squeezing the very life from their pitiful little leaves...it was traumatizing and I vowed never to plant those beastly killers in my garden again!!! Well....apparently they have their own agenda because they went ahead and planted themselves "all" over the place and yesterday when I watered the garden they were these little tiny vines about 2 inches high and now today they LITERALLY knee-high and I can see the fangs beginning to bare and the wretched claws are already reaching....wheres my Weed Whacker!!!!  Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a awesome gaden you must have a green thumb, and a very nice arbor too.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home