Sunday, June 19, 2005

Annngry Beagle

Last night I got home from work around 11:30...I was really tired so I skipped the whole nightly thing...wash the face(bad bad clogged pores raccoon eyed girl!!) brush the teeth(my dentist would be mortified,but...how will he ever know?) I even skipped the moisturizer (OH THE HORROR!! I can feel the wrinkles etching deeper and deeper into my skin!!). Anyway this little story isn't really about my nightly ritual. Oh NO we have a much more interesting story about to unfold...As I was saying ...very tired...walked up the stairs (after kissing my man goodnight ,he was playing xbox) put my pjs on, weaved and jumped over three piles of freshly washed and folded laundry and dived into bed...there was no beagle to be seen...this seemed a little odd to me considering she sleeps ON me and by ON me I mean DIRECTLY ON me!Any part of my body is her own personal puppy pillow, in the beginning I fought this ..anyone that owns a beagle knows that this is pointless. I have yelled ,I have nicely "scooted" her off the bed,I have "not so" nicely scooted her off the bed, we have wrestled, we have argued (her barking in my face until I relent) I have even taken her out of the room and shut the door (she tried to dig through solid WOOD) there for ON me she sleeps. She wasn't there to squash the breath from my lungs so I fell into a deep uninterrupted sleep...at some point my man came to bed and apparently thought that the breath from the lungs squashing dog was already in her favorite oxygen blocking position because he shut the hall door behind him ....OH the Mistakes of meer mortals!!! "11 th commandment" Thou shall NEVER lock beagle from the body from which she gets her beauty rest the end" ...Lets just say when I came down stairs she was sleeping fitfully on the red couch under two quilts...what beagle could be expected to sleep in those conditions!!? So far this morning I have suffered the cold blank beagle stare...the lay down on the floor directly in front of my feet and turn the back beagle cold shoulder, the look right through you as though your not even there beagle brush off and my personal favorite the beagle big bark backtalk (self explanatory).... I guess its back to barely breathing tonight....

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Kruze said...

Anne I think you wil ba able to comment now ;)

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about the beagle stare if you've never seen it you havent lived

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home