Friday, July 22, 2005

Life...not always sunsets and crisp clean linens...

Yesterday was the last day of Kruze's 8 day vacation, we spent it (at least part of it) in an antique shop looking at seriously over priced "stuff" (loosely termed...I know... one man's junk...another man's treasure) including a $185 free standing poster board of Micheal J Fox in his role as "Teen Wolf" maybe thats a steal to people that collect cardboard cut outs of fuzzy men?As a treasure...I just can't get my head wrapped around that one....After antique shopping we hung out at the city park...where they have a Zebra , a Duck, a Chipmunk and a turtle all on huge metal springs . I know that you have all seen these things...they wobble every which direction and you feel like your in the rodeo...only instead of ridin' a massive buckin' Bronco your ridin' a tiny metal turtle meant for a 4 year old...I LOVE them!!! You.Have.Not.Lived.Until.You.Have.Riden a wobbling bright yellow duck with painted red lips in your own personal duck rodeo!! And there are pics to prove it!!
After supper we went down to the lake so Kruze could fish and the girls and I could watch the sunset...it "should" have been one of those nights...you know...perfect...with the colors and the water and the family...all Norman Rockwell...FAT CHANCE!! It was more like all WWF Smackdown with the screamin' and the rock throwing and the "I'm thirsty" "Gotta Pee" " Get your feet out of my face" "Leave my pet rock alone" Don't touch it" "You Stink" "Your not my sister!!" "NO! I don't want to smell your feet!" ""Why can't the sun go down faster!!" ?????" "Why are those people looking at us?" (Geez...I wonder!!) It was a LIVING NIGHTMARE!! And it just couldn't get over fast enough!! After the carnage...we drove home and tied the monsters to their beds (not literally). I thought there would finally be peace...so I went in to use the bathroom(I will spare you the details) 2 minutes after being seated...I hear a small knock..."Just a sec..." no response...another louder knock...."Hold on almost done.." "MOM HURRY UP!!!" BANG BANG BANG!!! Suddenly the bathroom door flys open and my 8 year old comes running in grabs me off the throne in mid wipe and throws her own buns down on the seat ....there I stood britches around my ankles ritual cut short by a small child obviously not schooled properly in the fine art of bathroom politics ....and all I can think is... I have no one to blame "butt" myself ...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

to funny! sounds like one of those days, kids you gotta love um, and the bathroom isn,t that the family comference room, I have yet to pee alone and locks never work they just bang louder, till you put your better homes and gardens down and cut short the only leisure time you have.

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Home alarm systems in abc nm Jenna jameson riding dick Windows download software editions processor

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home