Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Old Fashioned Maple Harvest Oatmeal

This recipe is something that I came up with last fall when the mornings were chilly and I thought we needed a little comfort food for breakfast...We love it and I hope you do too.

2 C Water
1 1/2 C Milk
1 Tsp Salt
2 C Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
1/4 C Dried Cranberries
1/4 C Pecans
1/4 C Walnuts
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1/4 C Maple Syrup
1/4 C Brown Sugar

Combine water and milk and salt in large sauce pan bring just to boil stir in oats and cook for 3 min. then reduce heat to medium and add cranberries,pecans,walnuts and cinnamon and cook another 3 minutes stirring occasionally. Divide oatmeal into 4 bowls and top each with maple syrup and brown sugar. Yummy breakfast for a chilly Fall morning.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, when you going to come cook that for me?? LOL

Sounds so good I will be buying ingredients on my next trip to town!

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Con !! Hows the moving going? I'll come and cook oatmeal for you any time just say when...I can't wait to see the inside of your new house..the outside is adorable!!

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moving going slow... doing it mostly by myself! But Hey, still better than being married! LOL

I am loving the new house by the minute!

And oatmeal at your place as soon as I get a free week after all the changes around here... and then Lasagna at my place..

Deal? LOL

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great Con!! And I am holding you to it!! But I think I can come up with a few better ideas then just oatmeal... how about steaks on the grill parsley potatoes and home made apple pie!!

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds delicios can I come too!

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to try this one. I have a feeling the boys will love this recipe too!!

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This stuff is rich Riesh so you might want to mess around a little with the amount of maple syrup and brown sugar if the boys aren't too into "sweet" the girls are "All" about sweet stuff they would probably tip back the syrup bottle and guzzle it if I let them.It is really good though..hope you like it.

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Anna you know you can come anytime!!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Soo delicious!!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home